It is understood that Aldo Ryan Entertainment is the official MC/DJ/Talent/Performer, and that all other (alternative) entertainment/ performers (i.e. bands, magicians, clowns, artists, or any other perform(ers)(ances) perform at our discretion.
- TIME: Your Entertainer will arrive approximately 1-2 hours prior to your Start Time to set up all mobile DJ/Lighting/Video equipment and will be ready to begin playing at the agreed time noted on page 1. Company cannot be responsible for delays in arriving at scheduled function due to heavier-than-normal traffic and/or adverse weather conditions. Staff are dispatched from main office in double the travel time, unless traveling from a previous event. In the event Company cannot begin at agreed time, Client will be entitled to a pro-rata refund; which will be calculated by dividing the Total Booking Fee (pg 1), by the number of hours agreed (“Hourly Rate”), and multiplying the Hourly Rate by the number of hours the Entertainer is delayed.
- OVERTIME: All performances are based on four (4) full hours. Client may request Company to perform longer than original time agreed, provided no other obligations are pending. Overtime is billable in thirty (30) minute increments, but never guaranteed.
- POWER: Company reserves the right to discontinue all or part of equipment usage if power (electricity) provided is not capable of operating equipment without risk of damage to equipment. Company is not responsible for power outages on premises, nor equipment failure as a result of any power outages.
- EQUIPMENT: Should sound equipment fail, Company will utilize on-site backup equipment. If backup equipment is not available/accessible for whatever reason, Client will be entitled to a pro-rata refund (as described above in TIME section). The ground/surface on which Company is to perform must be flat, dry, clean, and stable. Client agrees to furnish a facility that completely covers the DJ Entertainer’s equipment from direct sunlight, rain, or any other potentially hazardous weather conditions. If service must be discontinued for any of the aforementioned reasons, the full balance is still due. For outdoor events, please see CANCELLATIONS section.
- Company is not responsible for ANY incompatibility issues and/or equipment failure resulting from THIRD PARTY equipment, including but not limited to that of the venue, another vendor, etc. If such an incident arises, Company will, on a best effort basis, try to fix issue. Regardless of outcome, Client is responsible to pay Company in full as per agreement.
- DAMAGE: The Client will be responsible for damage to any equipment caused by themselves or their guests. No food or beverages of any kind are permitted behind DJ booth, over facade, or within 10ft of equipment. Company is to entertain in a safe, non-abusive environment. Any mistreatment/abuse of Company in any way will result in the immediate discontinuation of services with full balance due. Aldo Ryan Entertainment is not responsible for the actions of guests before, during or after the event.
- EXPENSES: The Total Booking Fee (pg 1) includes all assumed expenses as a cost of doing business. In the event Client changes venue following the signing of this agreement, Client may be responsible for additional incurred expenses resultant of change. Some examples of this would be but are not limited to: parking fees, tolls, more than one tank of gasoline, flights, hotel stay, etc. Any reasonable expense in which Company must further absorb in order to properly perform scheduled event is the responsibility of Client and should be negotiated in advance with Company.
- Destination Event expenses must be covered in full by Client for each scheduled staff member. These expenses include but are not limited to: Round-trip airfare, hotel/resort stay, 3 square meals per day, any necessary equipment and/or vehicle rentals, required transportation and any other reasonable incurred expense as outlined above.
- PROPERTY: Company is not responsible for items left anywhere near Company setup area. This includes but is not limited to: purses, cameras, attire, equipment, jewelry, or any other items not belonging to Company. Items left with Company, with or without their knowledge, are done so at owner’s risk.
- SECURITY: Security of the hall and it’s contents are not the responsibility of Company. This includes before, during, and after event. Company is not authorized to secure nor accept responsibility for securing the reception hall after any event.
- PAYMENT: The retainer (25% of total booking fee; pg 1) is due at the time of signing. There are 4 methods of payment: cash, check, major credit cards and Paypal. *Paypal and Credit Card charges are subject to a 3% convenience fee. This agreement is not binding until signed by both parties and Retainer is received and cleared. A $30.00 service charge/bank fee is applied to any returned or stopped check(s). You may choose to pay any remaining balances by check or credit card within 10 business days of event. CREDIT CARDS and/or PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED ON THE DAY OF EVENT unless in writing. CASH ONLY.
- DOCUMENTATION: Company reserves the right to utilize photo/video footage for documentation, display, publication or other promotional purposes. Footage of this sort will remain the property of the Company.
- MUSIC DEADLINE: Music selections are due 15 days prior to event date. Failure to provide selections on time may result in forfeiture of requests. In this case, the most appropriate music will be chosen by Company using DJ Entertainer’s discretion.
- PHOTO/VIDEO DEADLINE: If picture montage(s) are purchased, Client’s photos (print or digital) will be due 30 days prior to event date. Failure to provide photos/media at this time may result in forfeiture of this feature. Full payment is still due.
- RETAINER: The retainer is non-refundable and represents compensation for the availability and lost opportunities of Company that could have otherwise been acquired. Please make all checks payable to Aldo Ryan Entertainment.
- CANCELLATIONS: Due to the nature of our business, cancellations critically affect our business. Events cancelled by Client FOR ANY REASON, must be submitted in writing. All monies paid will be forfeited. Should such notice be given 90 days of event, Company will be entitled to an additional penalty equal to the amount of the retainer. Client agrees to forfeit 100% of the total booking fee should Client cancel scheduled entertainment within 30 days of event.
Should Company become unable to perform at scheduled event FOR ANY REASON, Client will be notified at the earliest opportunity and given a choice of a full refund of monies paid, plus an additional $250.00 as liquidated damages, and cancellation of this agreement.
Should Aldo Ryan become unable to perform at scheduled event FOR ANY REASON, Client will be notified at the earliest opportunity and given a choice of a full refund of monies paid, plus an additional $250.00 as liquidated damages, and cancellation of this agreement, or a substitute Master of Ceremonies and $1000.00 credit toward this agreement.
Company and Client shall willingly accept and comply with ‘Force Majeure’ and neither will be held liable should any of its’ conditions be imminent or existential. This includes but is not limited to earthquakes, riots, extreme weather, power failures, war, terrorism, epidemics, fires or other ‘Acts of God’.
Outdoor events (e.g. beach clubs, botanical gardens, parks, not-for-profit organizations, parades, block parties and street fairs) will be pardoned from balance contingent on agreeable and unfavorable weather. Retainer will be used as credit or ‘rain date’ toward next event.
- LEGAL: The prevailing party shall be entitled to recover all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees incurred by Company in connection with the enforcement of this agreement which include but are not limited to defense or asserting of any rights, remedies or claims of Company in respect by litigation or otherwise.
An executed copy of this agreement is to be returned to Company with the required retainer recorded on page 1. Upon receipt, equipment and personnel will be allocated on a first-received, first-served basis for the event specified. If Company is able to fulfill the requirements of the event, the retainer becomes non-refundable, and all the terms and conditions of this agreement become binding. If suitable equipment and/or personnel are no longer available, Company will return retainer with a written explanation of the situation within 10 business days of receipt of agreement/retainer.
The above conditions are standard and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey. All parties consent to jurisdiction in New Jersey only. Please contact ‘Aldo Ryan’ (Allan R. Douglas, Jr.) for an explanation of anything included in the language that is of concern.